South of England Family
- This cottage is in a stunning location and a good position for walking in the surrounding fells. It has easy parking and a really nicely finished shower room off one of the bedrooms. However, there are a number of niggling things that let it down:
- it has a washing machine, but nothing to hang wet clothes on to dry
- it is advertised as having a DVD player in the main room, but in fact this is built in to the small TVs in the two bedrooms, with no DVD player in the main room
- there is nowhere to hang coats
- there seems to be little soundproofing between the cottage and the accommodation above, so we were woken each morning by heavy footsteps and excited children
- the outside seating area with table in the pictures doesn't exist — rather just an old bench is provided
In addition, we couldn't get the spotlights above the kitchen area to work or the tin opener!
Some people mention a problem with mattresses in the bedrooms. We didn't find these to be too bad.
It is a shame, because the cottage could be first class, if some of these things were sorted and more attention paid to detail. There is no doubt it is in a beautiful, peaceful area of The Lakes. We enjoyed our stay generally, but found these issues rather frustrating during our stay.
Published on: 09 June 2019
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your break. The location is hard to beat isn't it? Just perfect if you enjoy getting out for some good walks.
I really appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement and will make sure everything you have mentioned is looked into, thank you.
I hope you can come back to explore more of the Lakes soon.