If you're visiting one of our self-catering cottages, why not treat yourself to a pamper day at one of our fabulous local Lake District spas? There’s nothing better than settling back surrounded by incredible mountain scenery. And if you’ve spent plenty of time walking in the fells or enjoying some outdoor adventures, then you’ll be ready to relax those tired muscles!
Find infinity pools with lake views, luxury world-renowned treatments, intense massages, and quick refreshers to prepare you for the day. Whether you’re grabbing some alone time, spending a romantic day with your other half, or celebrating with the girls, these wonderful spas in the Lake District will leave you feeling truly pampered and relaxed.
The Spa @ Armathwaite Hall, Bassenthwaite Lake
Image credit: Armathwaite Hall
There couldn't be a more relaxing location for a spa than this spectacular country house. The Spa @ Armathwaite Hall is set in 400 acres of park and woodland on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake, one of the most beautiful and tranquil parts of the Lake District. This is the perfect place to unwind with the most luxurious facilities and treatments available as part of a highly personalised service. The spa offers a sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy pool, as well as a lounge with a crackling fire and dining area.
Treatments start at £60 per person. Spa access from £45 per person.
- An infinity edge pool overlooking the stunning gardens
- The outdoor hot tub is surrounded by tranquil woodland
- A tropical shower with hot and cold options, plus scents and lights for a fully immersive experience
The Falls Spa, Borrowdale
Image credit: Lodore Falls
You may have already visited the Lodore Falls on a trip to the Lake District: wonderful frothy waterfalls tumbling from the Borrowdale fells towards Derwentwater. Well, did you know you could take a refreshing dip there (or admire it from dry land if you prefer!) before retiring to the Falls Spa at the Lodore Falls Hotel for a pamper session?
The Falls Beauty Salon is a relaxing destination offering everything from Elemis body massages and facials to manicures and pedicures. Enjoy a swim in either the outdoor or indoor pool and a soak in their outdoor hot tub. They offer a range of packages, including options for Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day - perfect if you want to treat someone special. Or unwind after a hard day’s work with a Twilight Spa in the thermal suite.
Treatments start at £95 per person. Spa access from £50 per person.
- The outdoor infinity pool with views of Derwentwater Lake, underwater bubble loungers, and neck jets
- A Thermal Journey experience with time to explore the steam rooms, saunas and heat experiences
- The Falls Signature Massage: a unique massage to leave you floating on a cloud of bliss
North Lakes Hotel Spa, Penrith
Image credit: North Lakes Spa Hotel
If you have had a long journey on the M6 or A66 to reach the Lake District then you might like to know that there is a handily located spa just off junction 40. The North Lakes Hotel & Spa may have a central location but it has the feel of a country retreat. Complimentary robes and slippers plus an inviting lounge, pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room create the perfect calming ambience.
Treatments and spa access start at £45 per person.
- The Afternoon Ritual with a relaxing spa treatment followed by a tasty cream tea
- A Caudalie Winemakers Massage, which recreates the ritualistic steps of the winemaking process to stimulate your whole body
- The Pure Luxury Spa Experience: a full-day delight with multiple treatments, a prosecco lunch and afternoon tea
The Spa at Underscar, near Keswick
The Spa at Underscar is located in 40 acres of ancient woodland on the slopes of Skiddaw, a couple of miles outside of Keswick. It feels like you're really out in the wild, but it's actually convenient for much of the northern Lake District.
Outside, the building boasts Italianate features and exudes olde worlde class, while the inside is fully modernised with restful decor and top-end facilities. The mood lighting and soothing music will have you feeling entirely relaxed within minutes. Time spent at this small Lake District spa is just blissful.
Treatments start at £20 per person, and packages at £49 per person.
- The mother-and-daughter package is ideal for some quality bonding time
- A Spa Silk treatment is a full body exfoliation that will bring your skin to life
- Round off your Lake District spa day with high tea and a drink in The Bistro
Aqua Sana, Whinfell Forest Park
Whinfell Forest Park near Penrith is best known as a wildlife park and red squirrel sanctuary, but it also has a wonderful spa with extraordinary facilities. You’ll travel around the world for all sorts of exotic treatments in multiple rooms across the venue.
Relax by Laconium, which produces gentle heat and was a favourite with Roman patricians. Rub handfuls of ice over your body from the ice fountain to stimulate circulation. Or head to the Indian Blossom Steam Room, inspired by the ambience of a Maharaja's palace. Each room has been carefully curated for a unique spa experience, and the beautiful designs surrounding you will completely elevate the experience.
Experiences start at £79 per person.
- The Japanese Zen Garden, taking inspiration from Buddhist monks for a meditative experience
- A Turkish Hamman, a classic Turkish bath that will help soothe your aching muscles
- The Balinese multi-steam bath with its exotic scents and magical atmosphere
The Daffodil Spa, Grasmere
Within walking distance of the village of Grasmere, the Daffodil Spa is a luxurious escape amongst some of the best scenery in the Lake District. Why not treat yourself after a day of hiking in the surrounding mountains? You’ll be thrilled by the treatments available, including luxury Experience Elements massages from Germaine de Capuccini.
The Daffodil is a small but delightful spa, with plenty of wonderful treatment options. You can also enjoy a top-notch meal at the hotel restaurant following your day of pampering.
Treatments start at £40 per person. Access to spa facilities is available to non-guests at an additional cost (from £30pp) when booking a treatment.
- The thermal pool with strong jets will invigorate and relax at the same time
- A Walkers Therapy treatment will soothe those aching muscles with exfoliation and massage
- Cinnamon massages offer a different take on full-body massages and will leave you completely refreshed
The Spa at Low Wood Bay
Image credit: The Spa at Low Wood Bay
With views over Windermere, one of the most popular lakes, The Spa at Low Wood Bay could be the best-located spa in the Lake District! Get ready to spoil yourself rotten: the treatments are completely exclusive to Low Wood Bay, so you’ll know you’re receiving a fully curated experience.
Will you spend most of your time in the outdoor pool (with lake views), the mud room, or the fellside sauna? We recommend you try every space you can to fully immerse yourself in the opulence of this delightful Lake District spa.
Treatments start at £15 per person. Experiences from £45 per person.
- The Hideaway 120 is the most exclusive treatment room for a private luxury experience
- Get together with a few friends one evening for a Weekday Twilight Thermal Journey
- A Thermal Journey with Sunday Lunch: enjoy the facilities followed by a delicious meal in the W Restaurant
Spas in the Lake District
Heading to one of these incredible Lake District spas is the perfect way to relax, unwind, and really spoil yourself. Once your cares have been fully massaged, steamed, and exfoliated away, know that you’ll be able to return to your gorgeous Lake District holiday cottage to perfectly round off the day.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.