Take A Walk On The Wild Side
• Watch ospreys feeding their young or swooping over Bassenthwaite Lake at the osprey viewing station at Dodd Wood.
• Afterwards explore Mirehouse’s woodland adventure playground and children’s poetry walk just opposite the entrance to Dodd Wood car park.
• A short distance to the north, Dubwath Silver Meadows nature reserve provides a chance to get close to nature on a circular trail accessed by raised boardwalks (suitable for buggies and wheelchairs).
• Alternatively, try the Lake District Wildlife Park for an encounter with more exotic species.
• Finally, drive down Bassenthwaite Lake to Whinlatter Forest Park to let off some energy. Explore nature trails, hone your skills on the WildPlay trail, have a go at orienteering, swing from the high ropes course, check out the mountain bike trails or just enjoy live webcam views of the osprey nest and red squirrel feeding stations.
Old Sawmill Tearoom, Dodd Wood
Café at Lake District Wildlife Park
Siskins Café, Whinlatter