- We found the location and views of the property outstanding and loved the walk from your door holiday that this allowed us. We felt the place let itself down in a couple of areas which could easily be rectified and would make the whole experience on another level. Please see list below:
1. Dishwasher did not work effectively and resulted in us washing most pots by hand.
2. There was a smell of damp or drains in the downstairs en-suite which wasn’t pleasant.
3. Both upstairs showers didn’t drain effectively.
4. The throws on the beds and sofas did not smell clean and generally the property would benefit from a deep clean and hoover.
Published on: 04 January 2021
Hello John, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You couldn't have picked a better location to explore the beautiful Lakes and get out and about on some great walks. Also, thank you for your feedback. Following your stay the dishwasher has been checked and it appears the tablet wasn't being released on every wash. The property manager is now looking into replacing this. He's also addressed the other concerns you'd mentioned by installing a dehumidifier when the property is unoccupied for a considerable spell to prevent any smells of damp, adding the drains to the maintenance checklist so they should be clear after every booking and employing a housekeeper in addition to the usual cleaning staff to ensure that the property is kept to the high standards that it and it's guests deserve.
We hope to welcome you back to the Lakes in the near future and if you do choose to stay at Jenkinson's Place again we think you'll be pleased with the changes made to the points you've raised as well as a lovely bottle of vino there for you on arrival.