Location of Esp Hall
From the North and South
- Leave the M6 Motorway at Junction 36 follow the signs north for Barrow or Workington on the A590
- Follow the A590 for 21 miles
- At Greenodd take turn right onto the A5092 (It becomes the A595 at Grizebeck)
- Follow this road for just over 11 miles through Foxfield and bypassing Broughton-in-Furness
- Just before Duddon Bridge take the right turn signposted for Ulpha and Seathwaite
- Follow this road for just over 3.5 miles past the Church and the Ulpha post office
- Continue on this road for a further 1.5 miles following signs for Seathwaite
- Just before the bridge crossing the river, take a left turn (there is a no through road sign). There is a post box built into the bridge and a telephone box on the other side of the bridge. If you reach these, you've gone too far.
- After the left turn you'll see a row of cottages on your left. At the end of these is a 5 bar farm gate. Go through this gate (please close it after you've gone through it).
- You can now see Esp Hall directly in front of you. Follow the track to the cottage gate and you'll see the parking area. Please remember to close the gate behind you - this is really important because there is livestock grazing in the surrounding fields.
The post code for Esp Hall is LA20 6EA. The postcode doesn't get you directly to the cottage so please use the above directions.
Please note that the bridge at Seathwaite will be closed for repair between 19th July and 27th August 2021, following our directions will ensure this closure does not affect your journey.