Location of Darling How Cottage
From the North or South
- Leave M6 at junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take A66 signposted Keswick and Workington.
- Continue on A66 until you reach the large roundabout at Keswick (17 miles).
- At the roundabout, carry straight on, still on the A66 towards Cockermouth now.
- After about 2 miles, turn left to Braithwaite
- Keep on the road through Braithwaite and this will take you over Whinlatter Pass.
- Keep going and Darling How is 2 miles beyond the Whinlatter Visitors Centre - right up a forestry road which is signed to 'Spout Force'
- Follow this track and towards the end turn right, signposted Darling How.
- As you follow this track take the right hand fork and the cottage is at the top with the blue door
- There is parkig for up to two cars there.
The postcode for Darling How Cottage is CA13 9UE.