Location of Yewbarrow Cottage
From the South
- Leave the M6 motorway at junction 36 for Kendal/Lakes.
- Follow signs to Barrow (A590).
- Turn right to Workington (A5092)
- Follow the coastal road (A595) through Bootle & Waberthwaite
- Go past Ravenglass and after a couple of miles turn right towards Santon Bridge (just before the Esso garage on the left)
- Make your way to Santon Bridge and at the end of the road turn left.
- Go along this road, over the bridge, past the Santon Bridge Inn and keep going for half a mile.
- Santon Bridge Cottages are a row of terraced cottages on your right hand side.
- Yewbarrow Cottage is the no 5.
From the North
- Leave the M6 at Carlisle (junction 44) (or Junction 40 at Penrith if coming from the South) and follow the A595 (signed Barrow).
- A few miles after you have gone through Calder Bridge and turn off right to Gosforth (it is well signed).
- Turn left at the mini roundabout (where there is a triangle of pubs).
- Go past the shops then take the next right to Eskdale.
- After a few miles you will come to a row of terraced cottages, no 5 , Yewbarrow Cottage, is the third cottage along.
- If you reach the Santon Bridge Inn then you have gone too far.
The postcode for Yewbarrow Cottage is CA19 1UN
Parking for one car is at front of the cottage and further parking is on the grass over the road.