Location of The Lodge (Winder Hall)
From the North or South
- Leave M6 at junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take A66 signposted Keswick and Workington.
- Continue on A66 until you reach the large roundabout at Keswick (17 miles).
- At the roundabout, carry straight on, still on the A66 towards Cockermouth now.
- After about 2 miles, turn left to Braithwaite.
- Keep on the road through Braithwaite and this will take you over Whinlatter Pass.
- Keep going and turn left into Lorton (this is the next left after the road which says unsuitable for vehicles).
- At the bottom of this road turn left again and go through High Lorton.
- At the end of this road turn right and follow the high stone wall on your left for around 200 yards and The Lodge is right next to the turn in when you see the sign for Winder Hall, behind a large white gate.
There is ample parking in front of the house.
The post code for The Lodge at Winder Hall is CA13 9UP. We would advise following the above directions to reach the cottage.