Location of Plane Trees Cottage
- Leave the M6 at Junction 39
- Head to A6 (Signposted Shap/ Kendal)
- At bottom of hill turn right onto A6, signposted ‘Shap’
- Plane Trees Cottage is about 1 mile along the A6
- As you enter the village you will see Greyhound pub on the right. Continue straight
- A private road to Plane Trees Cottage is on the right-hand side, opposite a left turning into "Greencroft"
- If you see a red phone box on the left-hand side of the A6 you have just gone 20 metres too far
- The private road is used by three houses and is not illuminated (a torch is useful if arriving in darkness!). The first house is confusingly called "Plane Trees", but "Plane Trees Cottage" is the next house. There is also a large barn conversion at the end of the private road called "Plane Trees Barn" (please do not use their driveway for turning)
There is private parking for one small car in our parking bay. Roadside parking is also available on the A6 (please park considerately)
The postcode for Plane Trees Cottage is CA10 3PH. Please follow the above directions to reach the cottage.