Location of The Old Post Office (Dacre)
From the North and South
- Leave the M6 at Junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take the first exit on the roundabout, signed A66 towards Keswick.
- Go straight over the next roundabout (at Rheged), still following the A66 towards Keswick.
- After 2.7 miles, turn left off the dual carriageway and follow the lane into Dacre (signed Dacre).
- After 1 mile, pass the Horse and Farrier pub on your right-hand-side.
- A row of three white cottages (Rose Cottages) follow on the same side; the middle cottage is 2 Rose Cottages: aka The Old Post Office.
- Continue driving for a few meters until you see a track and a small green on your right.
- Turn right onto the track and 2 Rose Cottages, The Old Post Office is clearly signposted on a set of double gates to the rear of the cottages.
- Entrance to the cottage is through the back garden at the end of the driveway.
The postcode for The Old Post Office (Dacre) is CA11 0HJ. We do advise that you follow the above directions to find the cottage.