Location of The Nook
From the North and South
- Leave the M6 at Junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take the first exit on the roundabout, signed A66 towards Keswick.
- Go straight over the next roundabout (at Rheged), still following the A66 towards Keswick.
- After a mile, turn left off the dual carriageway and into Stainton Village (signed Stainton).
- Take the first left into St John's Road (this is almost immediately after you have turned off the A66).
- Take the second right (this is at a small crossroads, the sign points you towards Ullswater).
- The Nook is just a few doors down on your left, opposite the pub and just before the Village Hall).
Park on the road to unload and go through the garden gate to the main door of the cottage. (The designated space is for the neighbouring cottage, not The Nook). After unloading please move your car to the village hall car park or on the road by the hall, as the road is wider here than by the cottage.
The postcode for The Nook is CA11 0EN. This covers the whole village so you'll need to use these directions in conjunction with the postcode.