Whillanside accommodation summary
Kitchen with small dining table for 4.
Sitting room with open fire and further dining area for 6.
Kingsized bedroom - with ensuite shower room
Enclosed garden with patio area and garden table and chairs
Parking for one car
Tucked away in the Eskdale Valley, Whillanside is a great base to explore the quieter side of the Lake District. The cottage is located in Boot but is set back from the street through a gateway and is private and not overlooked but still with the advantage of being just a few minutes walk from The Brook House Inn - a great place to sample some of excellent lakeland ales and fantastic food.
The sitting room is warm and comfortable with an open fire and reading material provided, along with radio & CD player. There is a TV with freesat and DVD player. There is also dining for six here.
From the sitting room is the kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher. There is also a dining table for 4 here.
The kitchen leads to the bathroom which has a bath with mixer taps, toilet and sink. There is a washer-drier in the large bathroom utility cupboard.
The stairs lead from the sitting room to three bedrooms upstairs. There is a king sized bedroom with ensuite shower room (large 1mx1m shower cubicle, WC and basin), a double bedroom and a twin bedroom.
Outside there is a lovely enclosed garden, with a patio and garden table and chairs, which has outstanding views of the surrounding Eskdale fells.
- The cottage is heated by electric central heating and has underfloor heating in the kitchen & bathroom.
- There is also an open fire in the sitting room for additional heat
- The property is non-smoking
- Coal and logs are provided free of charge.
- The beds are freshly made up for you. You need to bring your own towels..
- There is a cot and high chair available under the bed in the first bedroom.
- Although the cottage does not have wi-fi, most of the pubs in the local area do have this facility.