Location of Routen House
- Leave the M6 at Junction 40 and follow the A66 towards Cockermouth and West Cumbria. After approximately 29 miles, you will reach the main Cockermouth roundabout (where you will see Lakeland Shop and Wool Centre). Turn left onto the A5086 signposted Egremont
- Continue along the A5086 for approx. 7.3 miles.
Turn left, signposted Kirkland 1m, Ennerdale Bridge 2 1/4m.
- Continue for 1 mile, entering into the village Kirkland
Turn first left at the crossroads signposted Croasdale 1 3/4m.
- Continue for 1 mile until reaching a 'T junction.' Turn right.
- Continue for 0.7 miles (steep hills and hairpin bends) until reaching a T junction. Turn left signposted Roughten, Ennerdale Water 1 3/4.
- Routen House (painted white) lies approx. 1.2 miles along this road. It is the first house immediately after Routen Farm Cottage.
Beyond Routen Farm cottage a private drive (with 5 bar gate set in stone walls) turns right into Routen House.
The postcode for Routen House is CA23 3AU