Location of Crag Lea
From both the North & the South
- Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 40 (Penrith).
- At the motorway roundabout, take the first exit (signed Keswick)
- Follow the A66 for about 15 miles.
- Turn left off the A66 (signed Keswick).
- At the end of the road turn left (signed Keswick).
- At the end of the road turn right (which takes you down the hill into Keswick).
- You will pass through a set of traffic lights, round a few bends and then you will come to a mini roundabout. Take the first exit left at the mini roundabout. Then go straight over the next mini roundabout and right at the third mini roundabout (these are signed to Borrowdale).
- Follow the borrowdale road for several miles.
- You will then see a double hump backed bridge to the right which you need to go over (signed Grange).
- Go into Grange, past a couple of cafes on your left and a small slate church on your right (not the first church which is at the end of the double bridge).
- Just after the small church, Crag Lea is on your left.
The postcode for Crag Lea Cottage is: CA12 5UQ