Location of Turner How Cottage
From the North and South
- Leave the M6 at Junction 40
- Take A66 signposted Keswick and Workington
- Continue on A66 until reach the large roundabout at Keswick (17miles)
- At the roundabout, carry straight on, still on the A66 towards Cockermouth
- After about 2 miles, turn left for Braithwaite
- Keep on the road through Braithwaite and this will take you over Whinlatter Pass
- Go right over the pass and down the other side.
- When you get to the end of the road, turn left (signed Buttermere).
- Carry on this narrow road for about 2.5 miles and then turn left for Buttermere.
- After 1/4 mile turn right into a little cut.
- Turner How Cottage is the first on your left.
The postcode for Turner How Cottage is CA13 9UX but please follow these directions too as the postcode covers quite a wide area.