Location of Lowthwaite Cottage
From the North and South
- Leave the M6 at junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take the first exit for the A66 westbound signed for Keswick/Workington
- Follow the A66 for approximately 12 miles
- Just past Threlkeld Village (on your right), turn left - this is signed Threlkeld Quarry (and has a brown Mining Museum sign)
- Keep going past the right turn that takes you to St John's Church (it has the post box in the wall).
- Go over the hump in the road (you should now be able to see the cottage in the distance)
- Go past Hill Top Farm on your left.
- Lowthwaite Cottage is the next cottage on the left. It's by a telegraph pole and before the wooded area. The sign isn't easy to see from this direction, it's more placed to be seen by people coming from the other direction.
- Go straight up the drive (don't follow the bend to the right - this takes you to a couple of other cottages).
Please note if using a Sat Nav the post code will not take you to the cottage. You will need to use the above directions.
The postcode is CA12 4TS