Come and join us at Sally's Cottages!
We’re professional, yet friendly. We’re hardworking, but with a sense of fun. Most of all, we’re good at what we do – which is looking after you, your holiday cottage, and the guests who come and stay there.
Different services to suit you
Not only do we give a great service for our guests, but we’re also totally committed to helping you get the best out of your cottage.
We’re happy to come and see you and give advice even before you’ve put in an offer for a holiday cottage. We have checklists that you can use and a list of things to think about when you’re setting up a holiday cottage, including legal requirements. Ask us for our Owner Information Booklet for more information. Equally, you can come and see us once you’ve set your cottage up and we can put it up on our website for you and take it from there. Or at any points between those two extremes! Just give us a call on 017687 80571 or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll arrange to come and visit.
Not only that, but you can be as hands-on or as hands-off as you like. You can either leave everything to us, or you can use your owner area to update prices, give discounts, change the copy that shows on the website, and check booking details.
WE OFFER TWO DIFFERENT SERVICES:
1. Bookings Only Service: we work alongside you taking bookings for your holiday cottage.
2. Managed Service: we take bookings for your cottage, organise cleaning and are the first port of call for any issues that might arise.
Click here for more information about our Bookings Only Service and our Managed Service.
COMING SOON: Self Sign Up
You will soon be able to add all the details of your cottage yourself before we come to visit, if you’d like to, in order to be able to start taking bookings as soon as possible. Please email us (email@example.com) if you’d like us to let you know when this service becomes available…
We can organise for your cottage to be cleaned and maintained
Cutting edge marketing of your cottage
We will promote your cottage far and wide to get those bookings and it won’t cost you any extra!
- We use professional photographers to take pictures of your cottage and professional copywriters to write about it.
- We are continually tinkering with our website to make sure it is easy to navigate, works well on different devices, and is at the top of its game.
- We will chat about you on our social media channels – we will get you talked about on Facebook, and snap you on our Instagram and Pinterest pages. Check out our Facebook page – it’s a wonderful place to be and gets at least ten times more interaction than the Facebook pages of any national agency.
- We produce two beautiful brochures posted to thousands of people each year, and also email out our newsletter to thousands of subscribers.
- We have a great relationship with the local and national media and our holiday cottages have achieved coverage in The Sunday Times, The Independent, The Sun, The Daily Mirror, the Daily Mail and Woman's Own.
We’re always on the look-out for what’s next. Our aim is to be the first to try new things which we then tweak and improve until as well as being the first, we're also the best!
Our brochure is sent to thousands of people every year
How does it all work?
We make the holiday letting process as simple and as easy as possible. From when you first contact us to when we start taking bookings, here’s what you can expect:
- We will come and visit you at your property and talk to you about how to start holiday letting.
- If you choose to let with us, we will then organise for photographs to be taken and for a copywriter to visit and write about your property – there is no charge for this, we’ll cover the cost.
- We will then create a website page for your property with details, prices, availability, photographs, and things to do in the area. You will be able to review and approve this before it is published. Or if you prefer you can add the cottage to our website yourself.
- You will receive log in details for your Owner Area where you can add owner bookings, see details of bookings we have taken, make changes to the website copy, update your prices and offer discounts.
- Everyone in the office knows when a new cottage has been published and will be there to answer any questions from potential visitors and to take phone bookings. Visitors can also book directly online.
- Once a booking is received, you will automatically receive an email to let you know the details of the booking.
- At the end of each month, we send you payments received for bookings taking place in the following month. You will also receive payments for last-minute bookings that took place in the previous month.
- If a visitor cancels a holiday, you keep any money already received unless the dates are re-booked. When dates are re-booked, we will refund the original visitor and you will still receive payment from the new guest.
Superb customer service for visitors
It’s not by chance that 98% our visitors would book again with us. We work really hard to make sure guests have a great experience from booking the cottage to arriving and enjoying their stay.
Here’s what one of our guests had to say:
"The service from Sally's was exemplary. There was a technical issue we had to contact Sally's for - sorted immediately. There were also a couple of late quirky questions (just before the holiday) which were dealt with diligently. I challenge anyone to find a better holiday operator. Customer service as it should be."
For a full list of the awards we have won, click here
What other cottage owners say about us
"Sally’s Cottages has always been there to provide positive help and support. From advice during purchasing to taking bookings and marketing, they are very good at what they do." David
"We made the decision to ask Sally’s Cottages to look after our newly renovated holiday cottage fairly quickly, having considered several companies. We immediately felt comfortable and relaxed with all the staff in the office and were given good advice and support on how to get the greatest number of bookings. At the same time, we never felt that we were losing control of something we had worked so hard on. We would have no qualms whatsoever in recommending Sally’s Cottages to anyone who was looking to go into the holiday cottage business." Andrew & Catherine
"I am so very happy to be part of Sally’s Cottages. Your website stands out a mile from many of the others out there and I would not want to be anywhere else. I feel very lucky and your team at the office are just great. I am quite sure that potential visitors will feel the same and that they will feel confident and happy when booking through you." Susan
"Thank you all for your excellent care and attention whilst we have rented our cottage through Sally’s. The service has been amazing and the staff are exceptional; professional but retaining a genuine niceness." Ann & Brian
Sally's Cottages is run by Sally Fielding - it's the largest independent holiday cottage agency in Cumbria
A bit of history
Sixteen years ago a chance conversation with a neighbour led to the birth of what is now Cumbria’s largest independent holiday cottage letting agency: Sally’s Cottages. The neighbour had a cottage and was looking for a tenant. The problem was, nobody wanted a long let. So Sally (that’s me!) suggested that she could take it on and let it out to guests who would like a holiday in the Lake District.
This was at the dawn of the internet (can you even remember those days!) Sally was one of the first people in Cumbria to create a website for her cottage and pretty soon it was let every week. And it was in a small village (called Eskdale) which has a thriving community where everyone talks to everyone and everyone notices everything. And what they noticed was that Sally was totally committed and so it wasn’t long before they asked her to take their holiday cottages on too.
This total commitment is apparent throughout Sally’s Cottages. Just read the reviews on our website or on Google and you’ll see it’s true. We love what we do, and we love Cumbria and the Lake District. We especially love nosing around all the cottages we let. We have luxury cottages, budget cottages, colourful cottages, understated cottages, dog-friendly cottages, pet-free cottages, and each of us who works here, probably has a different shortlist of favourites.
So pick up the phone or drop us an email. We love to chat. Olivia’s your girl and Mike’s your man – they will be the ones to come out and see you in the first instance.
Olivia will come out and visit you at your holiday cottage.
Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you and have a chat about your holiday cottage and how we can help. Please give us a call, drop us an email, or pop into one of our Lake District offices.
Our Keswick office is open from 8.30am to 9.00pm, 7 days a week.
7 St John’s Street
You can find us in Windermere from 9am to 5pm,
Monday to Friday.
4 Victoria Street
Ask for our Owner Information Booklet – there’s lot of useful information in there, including prices for the different services we offer, legal requirements if you own a holiday cottage, and checklists for what makes a popular holiday cottage.
Mike - always happy to come and see you!