Location of Leethwaite
From the A66/M6 at junction 40 (Penrith)
- Take the A66 westbound, signed for Keswick/Workington
- Follow the A66 for just under 19 miles passing Keswick
- After passing the 2 turnings for Braithwaite take the next left turn signed to Thornthwaite and Gallery
- Follow the road round to the right and continue for over 1.5miles passing through Thornthwaite village.
- You will pass a big white building called ‘The Swan’ and immediately after this is the turning for Powter Howe on the right
- Take the driveway to and then past the side of the car park
- Passing one house on the left, as the main drive turns sharp right you will see Leethwaite in front of you to the left, turn left past the house on the corner and continue along the drive at it bears round to the left, past the front of Leethwaite
- There is parking for 3 cars in front of the detached, stone double garage about 100m past Leethwaite (at the end of the drive)
The postcode for Leethwaite is CA12 5SQ. Please follow the above directions to help you find the cottage as the postcode does cover a wide area and will not take you straight to the door.