Location of Kirkgate Cottage
From the North & South
- Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 40 (Penrith)
- Follow the A66 past Keswick and on to Cockermouth
- Turn right at the roundabout to Cockermouth
- Drive past the Esso garage and keep going
- Follow the road down the hill, through one set of traffic lights and straight across a mini roundabout (with Sainsburys on your left and Lidl on your right)
- At the next set of traffic lights, follow the road around to the right (this is the only way you can go - Mitchells Auction House will be on your left)
- Continue along this road (B5292/Victoria Road) for about 600 yards
- At the brow of the hill turn left and immediately left again onto Kirkgate
- Kirkgate Cottage is about 150 yards down the road on your left hand side (just after a small left turn for Cocker Lane)
- Parking is available off street on a first come first served basis for 4 cars to the cobbled area at the front of the cottage.
- Kirkgate Cottage can be found through a small wooden gate and courtyard door next to Kirkgate House and there is a name plaque above the courtyard door
The postcode for Kirkgate Cottage is CA13 9NS. Please follow the above directions to reach the cottage.