If you love exploring all things quirky and unique, you'll enjoy our KESWICK CURIOSITIES 1 day itinerary which includes a few of our favourite treasures. This itinerary has something for everyone, whether that's entertaining the kids or heading out with a group of friends or family for a Keswick adventure. Click here for our cottages in Keswick.
• The centrally located Moot Hall with its unusual one-handed clock is the perfect starting point to collect a map and start browsing the streets and alleys of this ancient market town.
• Be ‘drawn’ to Keswick’s Pencil Museum and give free rein to your creativity. Admire the huge pencil - one of the world's biggest - and marvel at the intricate secret pen used during World War Two.
• Entertain the kids for hours in the world of illusion at the Puzzling Place.
• For more oddities, check out Keswick Museum – a Victorian ‘cabinet of curiosities’. Play a ‘tune’ on the musical stones, admire the intricate detail of Flintoft’s model of the Lake District, or seek out the curious 500-year-old mummified cat.
• To finish the day, head towards Crow Park and the lake shore. Adventurous souls can take a rowing boat out on Derwentwater or sit back and enjoy a gentle scenic cruise on the lake with Keswick Launches. Numerous jetties around Derwentwater allow you to disembark at various points and walk back along the lake shore.