Iveing Cottage North accommodation summary
Boot / drying room
King size bedroom
King size bedroom with day bed
Bathroom with bath and basin
Shower room with WC and basin
Shower room with two showers
Two separate WCs
Closed due to Covid regulations.Outside
Small patio with bench
Small additional seating area with two benches
Arrival Time: 17:00
Departure Time: 9:30
The beds will be made up for you, please remember to bring your own towels
A cot is available for children under the age of 2 (please bring your own cot linen)
A high chair is available
The house is heated by gas central heating
WiFi access is available at the property
2 dogs are welcome at an additional charge of £20.00 per dog
The cottage is non-smoking
We ask for a damage deposit of £200. This will be returned in the fortnight following your stay.
This cottage accommodation is usually spread across three floors and has steps and stairs everywhere so is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Due to Covid restrictions and the rule of 6, occupancy has been temporarily reduced to 6 people across four first-floor bedrooms: 1 x king, 1 x four-poster double with day bed, 1 x twin and 1 x single. The top floor is now closed, as are two showers on the first floor, leaving a bathroom, a shower room/WC, 2 x WC and 1 x double shower room. The ground floor consists of entrance boot/drying room, spacious kitchen, dining room, lounge and laundry room/store.
Note: We have closed the top floor and two showers on the first floor due to Covid measures. Existing bookings with more than six guests will be accommodated within Government rules at the time of occupancy. We will be in touch if this may affect you.
Iveing Cottage North is not taking future bookings for more than six people at the moment. For all enquiries please get in touch on email@example.com.General Description
Based in the Ambleside Conservation Area with fabulous views of Loughrigg Fell, Iveing Cottage North sleeps 6 guests across 4 bedrooms. While it may no longer offer 72 beds, guests should remember that the cottage is still a hostel and, as such, offers spacious and functional, albeit comfortable, self-catering accommodation for groups and families.
Entry into the cottage from the parking area is down 4 steps to a covered porch. To the right is a laundry room with a washing machine, tumble dryer and sink. There is also room to store 2/3 bikes securely. The main door opens into the boot room where boots, shoes and outdoor gear can be stored and dried. Ideal for dogs.
The kitchen opens out from the boot room. It has been updated to be more homely since the days of the Ambleside Backpackers Hostel but usefully still contains many of the commercial features required for a kitchen of this size. The kitchen is well stocked with crockery and pots and pans, as you would expect, and contains a gas range cooker with large oven and 5 ring gas hob, separate electric grill, a microwave, a large fridge-freezer, two toasters, a hot water urn and kettle, two large sinks and two draining boards. It also includes a kitchen table with six seats next to a tall window that faces onto the quiet Old Lake Road (a small lane in reality).
Walk along the hallway (take a look in the storage cupboard to find the stairs to the old servants' entrance) and the dining room is on your right and the living room straight ahead. The characterful dining room, which was originally the parlour, seats 6 guests s. The windows along the front of the cottage are all original and flood the rooms - including the dining room - with natural light. A door opens out to a small hedged area in which two benches are located. The living room seats 6 guests comfortably and features a wood burning stove and Freeview TV and DVD player. Novels, walking guides, maps and board games have all been made available for guests. Starter log box provided.
The first floor is laid out as follows:
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom with a king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and wash basin. Fabulous views through a large window over Ambleside towards Loughrigg Fell (all bedrooms of the first floor share this view).
- Bedroom 2: Single day bed (full size) and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 3: Twin beds, clothes rail, chest of drawers and wash basin.
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, day bed (full size), wardrobe and chest of drawers. The daybed can be used if the room is occupied by 2 people who do not wish to share a bed. Bedding will be left for guests to make up this bed if required.
- Bathroom with bath and basin
- Refurbished shower room with shower, WC and basin
- Basic shower room with 2 wash basins and 2 curtained shower cubicles
- Basic shower room with 2 showers each with an enclosed changing cubicle (Closed at present due to Covid regulations)
The second floor is laid out as follows:
(Second floor is closed due to Covid regulations)
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, Velux window with a blackout blind, small dormer window and wash basin.
- Bedroom 6: Single bed, chest of drawers, Velux window with blackout blind.
- Bedroom 7: Five single beds, two chests of drawers, 3 Velux windows with blackout blinds. (Currently closed, please see notes above.)
- Basic shower room containing one shower.
- Two separate WCs.
Outside is room for three cars to park on the driveway, a small paved patio with a garden bench and a small grassed area outside the dining room with two small benches. The garden around the parking area is very steep and rough with a small stream that plunges into a deep culvert. Sorry but, for safety reasons, this garden area is strictly out of bounds to all guests.