Location of How Cottage
- Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 40 (Penrith).
- At the motorway roundabout, take the first exit (signed Keswick)
- Follow the A66 for about 15 miles.
- Turn left off the A66 (signed Keswick).
- At the end of the road turn left (signed Keswick).
- At the end of the road turn right (which takes you down the hill into Keswick).
- You will pass through a set of traffic lights, round a few bends and then you will come to a mini roundabout. Take the first exit left at the mini roundabout. Then go straight over the next mini roundabout and right at the third mini roundabout (these are signed to Borrowdale).
- Follow the Borrowdale road for several miles.
- You will then see a double hump backed bridge to the right which you need to go over (signed Grange).
- As you pass the tea room on your left, How Cottage is the middle property in the terrace of white cottages on your left with a grassy area in front of them.
- You may park directly in front of the property, parallel to the wall, provided no one is being blocked in. An additional small car may be parked to the rear of the cottage parallel to the wall (please park as close to the wall of the cottage as possible so as not to restrict other cars) further parking can be found for a second car near the bridge or along the road towards Manesty.
The postcode for How Cottage is: CA12 5UQ