Location of Herdwick Croft
- Exit the M6 at Junction 40 (Penrith) and take the A66 west towards Keswick.
- Continue on this road by passing the first turn off for Keswick until reaching the next roundabout.
- Go straight on at the Keswick roundabout, following the A66 towards Cockermouth.
- Keep going past the turn off to Portinscale and Braithwaite.
- The A66 then turns into a dual carriageway.
- Just after the dual carriageway becomes single carriageway again, turn right (signed Castle Inn and Dubwath).
- After a couple of hundred yards, take the first right (signed Castle Inn).
- Go along this road for half a mile or so until you come to a junction.
- Turn right over the bridge, and Herdwick Croft is the first house on your left (next door to Herdwick Croft Caravan Park). You will need to take the sharp left hand to access the parking for the cottage. It is visable by a wooden Public Footpath sign.
The postcode for Herdwick Croft is CA12 4RD