The Lake District is a dream holiday for Cyclists and mountain bikers with so many country lanes, bridleways and cycleways to explore. If you're visiting the North-Western Lake District or staying at one of our cottages in the area, here is our fabulous FREEWHEELING ALONG 1 day itinerary for you.
• Test your cycling prowess along the disused railway line from Keswick to Threlkeld – a level and traffic-free cycle trail that is perfect for children of all ages.
• Look out for the distinctive bowstring bridges that once supported the Penrith–Keswick–Cockermouth Railway (dismantled in 1972).
• Cycles can be hired from Keswick Bikes or bring your own.
• Afterwards, take time out for play and ice cream in Fitz Park.
• End the day exploring the many curiosities of Keswick Museum, including the musical stones and the mummified cat.