Location of Eskholme Lodge
From the South
- After leaving the M6 Motorway at Junction 36 follow the signs north for Barrow or Workington.
- Travelling along the A590 the village of Greenodd will be on your right.
- Turn off here, crossing the river and passing the garage on your left.
- Follow this road heading north for 30 miles.
- You will drive through the village of Bootle.
- Keep going for six miles which will take you past Waberthwaite Village, over a small bridge and then to the bottom of a hill.
- Just as the hill starts to climb, turn right (signed Eskdale Golf Course). Eskholme Lodge is the first house you come to, just at the entrance of Eskdale Estates.
- If you get to Muncaster Castle, you have gone slightly too far - see the directions 'from the North' if this has happened.
From the North
- Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 40.
- Follow the A66 from Penrith, past Keswick towards Whitehaven.
- Follow the main A595 Cumbrian Coastal route heading South towards Ravenglass.
- Don't turn off the A595 into Ravenglass Village, instead carry on past Muncaster Castle.
- The road then goes up a hill, then down the hill. Almost at the bottom of the hill you turn left (it's on the bend in the road) - signed Eskdale Golf Course.
- Eskholme Lodge is the first house on your left, at the entrance to Eskdale Estate and the Golf Course.
The post code for Eskholme Lodge is CA18 1RL