Clough Head View accommodation summary
Sitting room with woodburner
King size bedroom
Bathroom with 'quadrant' corner shower, wc and washbasin
The cottage has a separate garden at the end of the row with a wooden companion bench for sitting out. The rear of the garden leads directly to a footpath towards Blencathra.
Immediately to the rear of the cottage is a brick outhouse, which is suitable for storing bikes, wet outdoor equipment etc.
Clough Head View is entered via the front door leading into the sitting room which is equipped with a flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD / Hard Drive Recorder and a selection of DVDs. There is also comfortable seating and woodburner (with logs provided). Original features include the slate wall, fireplace and beam.
The newly refurbished modern kitchen is well equipped with an electric cooker with 4 hobs, slow cooker and an integrated under counter fridge. A fold down table and chairs is available to dine in the kitchen. There is no washer/dryer at the cottage I'm afraid due to limited space in the kitchen area. Under stairs storage houses a small freezer, iron and ironing board.
Upstairs is a bedroom with kingsize bed, high quality furnishings and views across fields towards St John's in the Vale. The bathroom features a corner shower, w.c. and washbasin.
Clough Head View has a separate garden (accessed past the cottage at the end of the row, the third cottage from Clough Head View, or via a nearby lane.) with wooden 'companion' seat. The garden is private and in a stunning location beneath Blencathra which catches the morning sun, ideal for morning coffee.
- Heating by panel heaters and woodburner
- Electricity is included in the price.
- A welcome pack is provided upon arrival.
- Sorry, no pets
- Logs for for the woodburner are provided.
- The beds are freshly made up for you and towels are provided
- Hairdryer provided
- Please note there is no washing machine at the cottage. There is insufficient room
- The house is non-smoking.
- Limited off road parking (2 spaces) is sometimes available at the end of an old building adjacent to a lane about 15 yards away (but on the other side of the road. If these are taken, there is on-road parking alongside the Churchyard (20 metres), but there is also private parking available behind the garden which is accessed via a lane about 70 metres away.