Location of Butterfly Cottage
From the North & the South
- Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 40 (Penrith)
- At the motorway roundabout, take the first exit (signed Keswick)
- Follow the A66 for about 15 miles (ignore the first turn for Keswick and you will reach a large roundabout)
- Turn left at the roundabout signed Keswick
- Follow the road until its end and turn left
- Follow this road to a mini roundabout and turn right at this mini roundabout.
- Follow the road until you see the car park on your left, turn left and park in the car park (this is the third road to the left) - if you get to the mini roundabout, you have gone slightly too far.
- You will see the back of the Mountain Warehouse shop (on your right as you are driving into the car park). Once you have parked the car, walk up the little alleyway to the left of Mountain Warehouse passing the Oddfellows beer garden. (Number 10)
- When you reach the Main Street, turn right, go past Tog 24 and turn right just before Barclays into the cobbled alleyway of Poplar Street.
- Butterfly Cottage is 30 yards down on your right.
- Note that there will be a parking permit in the cottage for you to park in the car park during your stay. This must be displayed at all times and then returned to Butterfly Cottage at the end of your holiday. Traffic wardens in Keswick are vigilant.
The Postcode for Butterfly Cottage is CA12 5BW.