The team at Sally's Cottages are celebrating our latest award win! We've won a Social Travel Britain Award for 'Best overall use of social media'. Social Travel Britain honours the top social and digital marketeers in tourism in Britain.
The Social Travel Britain Awards took place during the Social Travel Britain 2015 conference, from 17-19 April in Salisbury, Wiltshire. Recognising the best digital innovations and social media campaigns in British tourism over the last year, the awards specifically looked at the best use of social media and online video content in marketing campaigns to encourage greater enjoyment and engagement with the British Isles.
Judges for the Awards included Nicholas Montemaggi, digital press officer at Emilia Romagna Tourist Board in Italy and the co-founder of Blogville; Gary Grieve, managing director of Capela Training and Capela China and board member of UKinbound; and Kash Bhattacharya, travel blogger at BudgetTraveller.org.
Award organiser Mark Frary said, “Sally Fielding is a social superwoman and has grown her company from a start with £1,000 in 2003 to a £3.7 million business today. Half of the company’s web traffic now comes from Facebook, where she runs monthly cottage giveaways and has built a 100,000 strong following. This really is the blueprint on how to do social properly.”
The full list of winners at the Social Travel Britain Awards is as follows:
• Best overall use of social media - Visit Cornwall
• Best overall use of online video - Visit London
• Best campaign/project using social media and/or online video - Cumbria Tourism
• Best overall use of social media - Sally's Cottages, Cumbria
• Best overall use of social media - ZSL London Zoo
• Best campaign/project using social media and/or online video - Chester Zoo
• Best overall use of social media - East Coast Trains
• Best campaign/project using social media and/or online video – Wightlink Ferries
Our social media channels are at the core of our digital marketing strategy and every evening we showcase one of our Lake District Cottages. To find out how else we can promote your Lake District Cottage, click here.