For anyone staying at our Keswick Cottages over half term, take the kids to see Scotty and Lulu at the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick. In fact come and see them if you’re staying at any of our Lake District cottages, it’s only an hour from Eskdale or Wasdale, and just 20 minutes from Cockermouth or Loweswater.
Scotty and Lulu put on a fantastic show and are singing and dancing at the Theatre by the Lake for one afternoon only. The afternoon in question is Tuesday 14 February at 2pm and I can guarantee that kids, mums and dads will all have a fabulous time. I took Daisy and Bruno (aged 2 & 4) to see them a year or so ago and the atmosphere was electric with kids of all ages from 6 months to 9 years. We now have an array of Scotty & Lulu CDs which accompany us wherever we go in the car. They got us to France and back with hardly any are we nearly there yets! Not bad going when you’re by yourself with a 1 year old, a 3 year old and a 5 year old.
Here are a few other suggestions of things to do with the family during the February half term week:
- A bushcraft workshop for kids on 12 Feb organised by Keswick Canoe Company - watch out for a blog and photos coming soon.
- A tea party with Peter Rabbit on 16 Feb organised by The World of Beatrix Potter
- Trotters World of Animals near Bassenthwaite, open every day – just generally a brilliant place to go with kids.
- The Sound of Music showing at Rosehill Theatre near Whitehaven (14-18 February)
- Wildlife Explorer at Brockhole on 12 & 13 February – wildlife trails, crafts and games. Find out how to encourage wildlife in your garden.
Whatever you end up doing, I hope you have a fabulous time when you come and stay over February half term week. If you haven’t booked your cottage yet, we still have some Lake District cottages available.