Experience the very best of Cumbria with our top 5 favourite things to do in the county, from amazing views to tourist attractions, adventures and iconic walks.
1. Take a drive over Hardknott Pass - this is a thrilling route which takes you over the fells between Eskdale and the Duddon Valley. The views along the way are simply spectacular.
2. Hike up Gummer’s How near Windermere - the panoramic Lakeland views from the top will truly take your breath away. It's a fairly easy walk and one of our favourites too!
3. Enjoy a carpet of bluebells during May - The Rannerdale Valley is covered in gorgeous bluebells during spring and you can also marvel these amazing flowers blanketing the fells and woodlands around Langdale and Ambleside.
4. Take the whole family for an unforgettable experience at Muncaster Castle - during spring daffodils cover the woodlands surrounding this historic castle. You'll also find the famous Hawk & Owl Centre here.
5. Dive in to fresh open water and go swimming - Derwentwater is the perfect lake to take a refreshing dip! It's clean and pure and the waters close to the shore are slightly warmer.