Location of Blea Brows
Please use these in addition to your sat nav to make sure you end up on the A5084 on the west side of Coniston Water. If you input the postcode into your sat nav, it is very likely that you will end up miles away on the wrong side of the lake! If you get really stuck, set the sat nav for Brown Howe Car Park, but be mindful that you will reach the cottage before you reach the car park.
From M6 junction 36
- Leave the M6 at junction 36.
- Take the turn off for The Lakes and Barrow. Follow the signs for Barrow, A590.
- After 20 miles (about a mile after you have passed large pub Rusland Pool on the right) the road narrows then widens again coming to a large roundabout. Take thes second signed Workington and Whitehaven, A5092.
- Keep on the A5092 for 2 miles until you see The Farmer’s Arms pub on the right.
- Very shortly after the Farmers Arms turn sharp right, signed Torver and Coniston A5084.
- Drive along the A5084 for 4 miles and slow as you approach the turning.
- You will see a wooden footpath sign and the back of a turning mirror on your left and a stone wall on your right. A stone gateway opens to a lane on your right - take this turning.
- You will pass Copper Beech Lodge on your left as you turn down the lane.
- Follow the lane round to the right.
- Drive through the gateway on your right.
- Blea Brows will be located on your left-hand-side.
If you pass Brown Howe public car park or a second cattle grid you have gone to far!
The post code for Blea Brows is: LA12 8DW. We would advise that you follow the above directions to reach the cottage.