Location of Birch Cottage (Windermere)
- Leave the M6 at Junction 36.
- Follow the A591 and signs for Bowness-on-Windermere.
- You will turn left and drive through Windermere village.
- Continue down to Bowness (about 1 mile) passing the police station on your left and then the cinema on your right.
- About 200 yards after the cinema, before the main road goes steeply downhill and slightly right, turn left up Helm Road, next to the Lakeland shop on the left.
- Once you are on Helm Road, continue up Helm Road passing the Hydro Hotel on your left.
- Keep going up the hill.
- At the top take the right hand fork.
- Deloraine is the first place on your left - Birch Cottage is part of Deloraine.
SATNAV users - please note - the post code is LA23 2HS. However please be careful that your SATNAV does not lead you to Annisgarth, from which you cannot access Helm Road.