Location of Barrowside
From the North and the South
- Leave the M6 at junction 40 (Penrith) and turn westwards onto the A66, signposted Keswick.
- Take the first sliproad after approximately 15 miles (signposted Low Briery) and drop down the hill.
- Join Penrith Road and keep driving and you will see signs when you enter the outskirts of Keswick.
- Continue past the Keswick town sign to the T-junction.
- Turn right at the T-Junction.
- Follow Penrith Road for around 1 mile.
- You will see a footbridge crossing the river to your right.
- Just before this, turn left onto Greta Street.
- Follow Greta Street (which turns into Eskin Street after Helvellyn Street), crossing Blencathra Street and Helvellyn Street.
- Follow Eskin Street for a few more yards and then take the first right-hand turn into Church Street.
- There is a detached house on the left, then a garage, a small private lane and Barrowside (32 Church Street) is located next to the lane.
- Parking is on the street and is unrestricted in most connecting streets.
The postcode for Barrowside is CA12 4DY.