An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding company's Management Team! We are a local, family run business and have around 500 cottages on our books. We have a staff team dedicated to creating moments of happiness for our customers and sharing the beauty of the Lake District with everyone. We are looking for someone who has the skills and passion to become a part of this brilliant Team, based in our office in Keswick.
Job Title: Assistant Customer Services Manager
Salary: £20,000 to £22,500 per annum
Holiday: 28 days paid (including bank holidays) pro rata.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (includes working one day at the weekend and some evenings)
Responsible to: Customer Services Manager
To assist the Customer Services Manager ensuring that the Customer Service team provide friendly and professional Customer Service to all of Sally’s Cottages end users at all times. Making sure that we deliver our customer care programme efficiently and to a high standard at all times.
Leading the Customer Service team by example, ensuring that they meet defined expectations and respect defined boundaries for behaviour.
- Manage the day to day running of the office, prioritising tasks and maintaining a good level of time management
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the Sally’s Cottages ‘Customer Service Standard’ is adhered to at all times.
- Manage the performance of our Customer Services team to ensure an exceptional level of customer service at all times.
- Support the CS team and to take full responsibility for dealing with enquiries, issues, complaints, office cleanliness and all other aspects of our Customer Care Programme.
- Work to develop good working relationships with all members of the Sally’s Cottage Team and be a point of contact for all forms of feedback from staff, supporting the Customer Services Manager in delivering the Code of Conduct
- Work with the Customer Services Manager to make sure that processes and procedures are kept up to date and are carried out in accordance with company practice.
- Introduce new policies and procedures for our customer services team effectively and make sure that these are carried out in accordance with company practice.
- Maximise the potential of all of our cottages.
- Communicate targets and Performance Indicators in a timely and effective manner to everybody in the business
- Support our Customer Services Manager in the recruitment of Customer Services Administrators and carry out the induction process and training for new employees
- Manage issues and complaints from all Sally’s Cottages customers and take responsibility for ensuring that they are resolved in a friendly and professional manner and in accordance with current practices and procedures.
- Roll out and oversee specific projects
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication with other areas of the business.
- To adapt the customer service team timetable and working patterns when needed in the absence of the Customer Services Manager
- To manage the work and support the development of the Customer Services team in the absence of the Customer Services Manager
Behavioural Competencies: Essential
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Efficient and adaptable
- Able to work as part of a team and/or alone with minimal support, as required
- Able to take responsibility and finish a task to its conclusion.
- Willing to be flexible, depending on priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, suppliers and cottage owners
- Willing to learn new skills, especially new computer packages and processes
- Able to multitask, stay calm and resolve problems under pressure, while maintaining a good standard of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and ability to recognise strengths within a team
- Ability to communicate ideas and feedback with management team
- Ability to self-motivate and use initiative to make decisions
- Ability to keep confidentiality with private or sensitive information
- Ability to lead a team by example
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role
Other Relevant Information
Own car is essential and you must hold the relevant business use insurance
To apply: Please send your CV and Cover letter to Rebecca outlining how you meet the requirements of the job via email@example.com or call on 017687 80571
Deadline: Wednesday 10th October 2018 (Interviews taking place between Monday 29th October-Friday 2nd November)